Monday, November 22, 2010

A FOOL IN A FIX!



And he (Jesus) spake a parable unto them, saying, the ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully. (He was prosperous))  And he thought within himself, saying, what shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? (He was prosperous – but Greedy)  And he said, This will I do, I will pull down my barns, (I will tear down my barns)  and build greater (And build larger barns) and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. (So that I will have more room to store all of MY goods for now and for the future.  MY HOUSE WILL BE LIKE A BANK, IT WILL HAVE ALL THAT I COULD EVER NEED)  And I will say to my soul, soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years, take thine ease, eat, drink and be merry.  But God said unto him, thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

The thought to be considered is that this rich man was rich and greedy concerning his worldly possessions, yet he was poor and naked concerning being in the will of God.

The message is drawn from verse 20 – But God said unto him, thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee; then whose shall those things be which thou hast provided.

To be in a fix is to be in a precarious situation, to be in an uncomfortable situation, or to be in some type of trouble, or to be in a situation that is going to involve some serious planning in order to get out, to be in a situation that you think is right but you end up being in the midst of a messy situation, or to be in a situation where you are unsure of the outcome, or to be in a situation that you know is not right, or to be in a situation where you can not take care of your financial obligations, to be in a situation where you must make some choices, or important decisions, or even to be in a situation where you willfully NEGLECT your spiritual life.

St. Luke – So is he (a fool in a fix) that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

Layeth up treasure unto himself – To be too concerned about the things that you possess and what you are  trying to possess.  Too busy for God.But not concerned enough about your spiritual bank account with Jesus. 

Laying up treasures unto the Lord – When you take time to pray, When you take time to Fast, When you take time to Press, When you take time to Serve, When you take time to Worship, When you take time to Tithe. When you take time to do what you DO best to assist in building upon The kingdom of God on earth.

To the church of the Laodiceans Revelations 3:17 – Because thou sayest, I am rich and increased with goods, and have need of nothing, and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable and poor, and blind and naked.
Wretched-Unfaithful ….Miserable-Ungiving ….Poor-Unfruitful….Blind -No Understanding….Naked – Drenched in sin.

Note:  Just because a person has been blessed to prosper does not mean  that they are in the will of God.  This rich man was prosperous but unsaved and out of the will of God! They were in the church but  had gone bankrupt with God.

Don’t  Be  Fool in a Fix  – Revelations 3: 1 – And unto the angel of the church in Sar-dis write: These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God (Seven specific manisfestations of the Holy Ghost) and the seven stars (SEVEN PASTORS OVER THE SEVEN APPOINTED CHURCH IN REVELATIONS)  AS THE STARS ARE HIGH IN THE HEAVENS GOD’S CHOSEN PASTORS SIT HIGH IN HIS HEART AS SERVANTS UNTO THE PEOPLE).   I know thy works that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. (They were not REAL). This church was  more worldly than spiritual.  Don’t determine if a church is in the will of God by popularity.  II Timothy 3:4 – Lovers of Pleasures more than lovers of God.  Mat 15:8 – This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoreth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.     If your heart is absent from your praise, If your heart is absent from your worship, If your heart is absent from your service, If your heart is absent from your giving, If your heart is absent from your prayer…..You will find yourself a fool in a fix.  They were in the church but they had gone bankrupt with God.

DON’T BE A FOOL IN A FIX  – Mat 7:21-22 Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord Lord shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven,(Praying)  but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven..  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not preached in thy name:  and in thy name have cast out devils. And in thy name done many wonderful works.  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you, depart from me, you that work iniquity.  Works apart from faith is unacceptable with God.  They were in the church but they had gone bankrupt with God.

Colossian 3:1 –If you then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.  Set your affections on things above, not on things on the earth.

What’s In Your Spiritual Bank Account?  LOYAL TO GOD,  FAITHFUL TO THE CHURCH, SERVICE TO GOD, A PRAYER LIFE, A LIFE OF GIVING, A DEVOTED LIFE, LIVING A LIFE WORTHY OF WITNESS TO OTHERS, LIVING LOVE.  A member once reported that she would never go ahead of her spiritual leader, if the leader does not support what you are doing, then you better think twice and pray twice before going forth with it.  You could end up being a fool in a fix!

Don’t be a fool in a fix  – St Matthew 25:42-45 – For I was ahungered, and you gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and you gave me no drink.  I was a stranger, and you took me not in, naked, and you clothed me not, sick and in prison, and you visited me not.  Then shall they also answer hm sayng, Lord when did we see you hungry, thirsty or a stranger, or naked or sick or in prison, Then shall he answer them saying, As you did it not to unto them- you did it not unto me.  (We were too busy building greater barns unto ourselves  to be occupied with the needy folks that surround us- Because we would not do it unto them – we did not do it for him because when we help others we serve the Lord who has sent us to be a light to the world).  Hallelujah! .    They were in the church but they had gone bankrupt with God.    We Must have that Outreach ministry, let it not be said that all we did was served one another but had no time for anyone else.

Pastor Sharon T. Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment